Section 188 of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code 2016
Section 188 Establishment and incorporation of Board.
REGULATION OF INSOLVENCY PROFESSIONALS, AGENCIES AND INFORMATION UTILITIES
THE INSOLVENCY AND BANKRUPTCY BOARD OF INDIA
Establishment and incorporation of Board.
188. (1) With effect from such date as the Central Government may, by notifi-cation, appoint, there shall be established, for the purposes of this Code, a Board by the name of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India.
(2) The Board shall be a body corporate by the name aforesaid, having perpetual succession and a common seal, with power, subject to the provisions of this Code, to acquire, hold and dispose of property, both movable and immovable, and to contract, and shall, by the said name, sue or be sued.
(3) The head office of the Board shall be at such place in the National Capital Region, as the Central Government may, by notification, specify.
Explanation.— For the purposes of this section, the expression “National Capital Region” shall have the same meaning as assigned to it in clause (f) of section 2 of the National Capital Region Planning Board Act, 1985 (2 of 1985).
(4) The Board may establish offices at other places in India.
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code 2016 Notified by Govt
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code 2016 Analysis
- How creditor can recover money using Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code 2016
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code 2016 passed by Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy code 2016 Passed by Lok Sabha
- Major Recommendations of the Bankruptcy Law Reforms Committee
- Govt invites comments on Bankruptcy Law Reform report