Section 29 Chhattishgarh GST Act 2017
( Section 29 Chhattishgarh GST Act 2017 explains Cancellation of registration and is Covered in CHAPTER VI : REGISTRATION )
Cancellation of registration
29. (1) The proper officer may, either on his own motion or on an application filed by the registered person or by his legal heirs, in case of death of such person, cancel the registration, in such manner and within such period as may be prescribed, having regard to the circumstances where,—
|(a)||the business has been discontinued, transferred fully for any reason including death of the proprietor, amalgamated with other legal entity, demerged or otherwise disposed of; or|
|(b)||there is any change in the constitution of the business; or|
|(c)||the taxable person, other than the person registered under sub-section (3) of Section 25, is no longer liable to be registered under Section 22 or Section 24.|
(2) The proper officer may cancel the registration of a person from such date, including any retrospective date, as he may deem fit, where,—
|(a)||a registered person has contravened such provisions of the Act or the rules made thereunder as may be prescribed; or|
|(b)||a person paying tax under Section 10 has not furnished returns for three consecutive tax periods; or|
|(c)||any registered person, other than a person specified in clause (b), has not furnished returns for a continuous period of six months; or|
|(d)||any person who has taken voluntary registration under sub-section (3) of Section 25 has not commenced business within six months from the date of registration; or|
|(e)||registration has been obtained by means of fraud, wilful misstatement or suppression of facts:|
Provided that the proper officer shall not cancel the registration without giving the person an opportunity of being heard.
(3) The cancellation of registration under this section shall not affect the liability of the person to pay tax and other dues under this Act or to discharge any obligation under this Act or the rules made thereunder for any period prior to the date of cancellation whether or not such tax and other dues are determined before or after the date of cancellation.
(4) The cancellation of registration under the Central Goods and Services Tax Act shall be deemed to be a cancellation of registration under this Act.
(5) Every registered person whose registration is cancelled shall pay an amount, by way of debit in the electronic credit ledger or electronic cash ledger, equivalent to the credit of input tax in respect of inputs held in stock and inputs contained in semi-finished or finished goods held in stock or capital goods or plant and machinery on the day immediately preceding the date of such cancellation or the output tax payable on such goods, whichever is higher, calculated in such manner as may be prescribed:
Provided that in case of capital goods or plant and machinery, the taxable person shall pay an amount equal to the input tax credit taken on the said capital goods or plant and machinery, reduced by such percentage points as may be prescribed or the tax on the transaction value of such capital goods or plant and machinery under Section 15, whichever is higher.
(6) The amount payable under sub-section (5) shall be calculated in such manner as may be prescribed.
Related Topic on GST
|GST Acts||Central GST Act and States GST Acts|
|GST Rules||GST Rules|
|GST Forms||GST Forms|
|GST Rates||GST Rates|
|GST Notifications||GST Act Notifications|
|GST Circulars||GST Circulars|
|GST Judgments||GST Judgments|
|GST Press Release||GST Press Release|
|GST Books||Best Books on GST in India|
|GST Commentary||Topic wise Commentary on GST Act of India|
|GST You Tube Channel||TaxHeal You Tube Channel|
|GST Online Course||Join GST online Course|
|GST History||GST History and Background Material|