Stipend to MDS students
Norms for giving Stipend to MDS students has been notified by following notification by Govt of India :-
THE GAZETTE OF INDIA : EXTRAORDINARY [PART III—SEC. 4]
DETNAL COUNCIL OF INDIA
New Delhi, the 13th May, 2016
No. DE-87(4)-2016.—In exercise of the powers conferred upon the DCI by Section 20 of the Dentists Act, 1948, the Dental Council of India, with the previous sanction of the Central Government, hereby makes the following Amendments to the existing Principal Revised MDS Course Regulations, 2007, published and notified in Part III, Section 4 of the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, dated 10.09.2007:–
1. Short title and commencement:-
(i) These Regulations may be called the Dental Council of India Revised MDS Course (4th Amendment) Regulations, 2016.
(ii) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette from the academic session 2016-17.
2. In the “Dental Council of India Revised MDS Course Regulations, 2007”, in Section I, after the heading captioned as “PERIOD OF TRAINING”, the provisions of stipend shall be inserted as under:-
The MDS students shall be paid stipend only for duration of three years of the course, as may be fixed by the Central Government/respective State Government/Union Territory Administration or such authority as the respective government/administration may authorise. Where any dispute arises regarding any such stipend, including, quantum of the stipend, it shall be considered and decided by the Central Government/respective State Government/Union Territory Administration at its own level and its decision shall be final.
M. L. MEENA, Secy. I/c
Foot Note: –
1. The Principal Regulations namely, “Revised MDS Course Regulations, 2007” were published in Part – III, Section (4) of the Gazette of India on the 21st November, 2007.
2. The 1st Amendment to the Principal Regulations, published in Part III, Section 4 of the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, on 20.08.2008.
3. The 2nd Amendment to the Principal Regulations, published in Part III, Section 4 of the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, on 01.06.2012.