Unified Guidelines for LPG Distributorships issued
Key features of the Unified Guidelines for Selection of LPG distributorships are:-
Four broad types of distributorships with varying refill ceiling limits- Sheheri, Rurban, Gramin and Durgam Vitrak.
Eligibility norms for age, education, fund requirement and ownership of land for godown & showroom have been relaxed to make selection process more participative.
33 % reservation to women across all categories has been introduced to encourage women entrepreneurship. 3% reservation for Divyang candidates.
As a part of Government’s Digital India campaign, Online filing, processing and selection has been introduced for Sheheri distributorships on a pilot basis.
To take care of interest of Defence personnel and their dependents, inter-se priority in selection under Government Personnel category has been introduced.
Monetary norms for security deposit have been relaxed for the selected candidates belonging to SC/ST and OBCs.
In order to address the issue of last mile reach of LPG in difficult areas, LPG Suvidha Kendra facility will be introduced for improving delivery of services.
LPG distributorships would be set up in active collaboration with the State Government agencies to strengthen the supply chain in Durgam areas.
Unified Guidelines will pave the way for a more broadbased, participative and transparent system of selection of distributors across the country. In this year, the Oil Marketing Companies will start the process for selection of new distributors in 10,000 new locations. Setting up of these new distributorships will give a tremendous boost to the rural employment opportunities.
- PAHAL-Direct Benefits Transfer for LPG Consumers Scheme
- Free LPG connections to Women from BPL Households
- 1Crore Indians Surrendered Subsidy on Domestic LPG
- Procedure to Opt Out of LPG Subsidy
- Govt Online Initiative for LPG Distribution
- LPG installation Safety Tips
- Refill LPG with 24 Hour online payment facility
- Govt target to add 10 Crore LPG Consumers by end of 2018
- Govt Online initiative to engage LPG consumers and citizens
- 5 lakh women die in India due to unclean cooking fuels
- SAFETY TIPS FOR COOKING GAS USERS
- Now Kerosene subsidy directly into Bank Account